Golden Grow Medium
This growing media comes from the mesocarp of the coconut and is intended for hydroponics and/or substrate. Homogeneous product that enables higher yield (liters per kilogram expanded) with a guaranteed quality. This product is available in blocks.
Coco peat finest particles can be used in their pure form or blended with other substrates for hydroponic purposes: Cannabis, vegetables Landscaping: coco peat is 100% natural, totally organic and a removable source, eco-friendly.
- Coco peat has a high water holding capacity (eight times its weight) combined with high
- porosity (95%) allows an excellent root aeration oxygenation, producing more functional
- roots therefore improving plant nutrition and healthier plants.
- Excellent re-wetting.
- Light weight, easy handling.
- Homogenous and stable structure; long lasting, superior to peat.
- Totally organic, 100% natural, renewable source.
- pH slightly acid: 5,5-6,5, suitable for most plants species.
- Lightweight material ideal for reducing transport costs.
|Composition||Cocopeat (5-10% Fiber)|
|Structure||Cocopeat: 0-4 mm. Fiber: 10-20 mm|
|NATURAL (N)||WASHED (W)||EXTRA WASHED (EW)|
|pH||5,5-6,2 (Sonneveld 1:1,5 v/v)|
|Product||Compressed Dimensions||Weight||Units per pallet||Container Capacity (approx)||Bulk loading (approx)||Yield (L/Kg) UNE EN: 12580|
|Block 5Kg||28x28x15||5 ± 0,5 kg||240||4.800||5.200||15±1|
|Brick 650g||20x10x5||650 ± 50g||1800||36.000||–||14±1|
Packing: Palletised, wrapped with stretch film and strapping for greater stability.
Container Net Weight Palletized: 23-24 Ton / Bulk: 25,5-26,5Ton.
- Apply water to achieve the properly expansion, bring the moisture up to 60-65% for maximum performance.
- Store in a cool dry place.
The Projar Group consists of several companies in the green sector. You can find information about products and solutions for plant producers and landscaping companies. We are a group of companies that can summarise your activities: manufacture of substrates, distribution of horticultural products and gardening and environmental restoration, and environmental services and advanced solutions. We have factories substrates in Spain, India and Sri Lanka.
Buffering Coco Peat
Buffering of coconut fiber is a chemical process consisting of replacing sodium and potassium with calcium, washing away excess waste.
The recommended buffering ratio is: 1,000 litres of water mixed with 7 kg of Calcium Nitrate will buffer 5 Cubic Meters of coco peat.
How do I buffer coco peat?
A very simple method is to use a bunker (wash bay) system to buffer the coco peat.
It can be done in lots of 25, 50, 75, 100, 125 or 150 cubic meters at a time – depending on the size of your wash bay.
Get in Touch
Dave: +27 82 551 1305
Accounts: +27 82 446 3301
Operations: +27 82 304 0338
Find an Atami retailer near you.
Postnet Suite 397, Private bag X15,
Somerset West 7129