Our locally handcrafted Lichen Grow Bags offer you the ability to provide your plants with the best care possible. Whether you’re a commercial, experienced or home grower, your plants require superior growing media with good drainage and internal aeration as well as good water holding capacity.
Grow bags are becoming the preferred method for many outdoor, greenhouse and indoor grower. Grow bags help aerate the root zone and regulate temperature and help prevent overwatering.
Fabric grow bags are more durable than plastic bags and much more breathable than plastic containers or bags. This is an especially important consideration as many new growers underestimate the importance of getting air – specifically, oxygen – to the root zone. While the green parts of the plants (above ground) breath in CO2, roots actually breath O2, which is integral to their growth and development. It is for this primary advantage that many commercial growers chose fabric grow bags, as the size of the root structure is directly proportional to the yield of the plant.
Why Lichen Grow Bags?
- Our bags are more durable with reinforced seams and stitched corners.
- Polypropylene fabric allows plant roots to breathe and ensures good drainage with less temperature variations at root level.
- Fabric bags allow air to penetrate the sides of the container and reduce maximum root zone temperatures through evaporative cooling and reduced absorption of solar radiation. As air passes through a moist growing medium thanks to the aeration of grow bags.
- Customised bag sizes available – designed to suit specific crops.
- Our bags will add value to your business. Quick ROI through better growth, less time to produce and better yield.
- Environmentally friendly and reusable for several seasons.
Our polypropylene fabric has a 7-8 year lifespan.
- Special industrial sewing thread with excellent UV and weather protection.
- Breathable fabric to maximise air to your roots.
- The design of the bag prevents overwatering.
- Suitable for Ebb and Flow hydro systems.
Grow Bag Sizes
8L Cannabis Grow Bag
Dimensions: 20 x 20 x 20cm
12L Cannabis Grow Bag
Dimensions: 30 x 20 x 20 cm
18L Cannabis Grow Bag
Dimensions: 30 x 30 x 20cm
27L Blueberry Grow Bag
Dimensions: 30 x 30 x 30cm
40L Blueberry Grow Bag
Dimensions: 30 x 30 x 45cm
Polypropylene Fabric Bags vs Plastic Bags
Two Star 2000 bean pips were planted in exactly the same volume of grow medium in the same tunnel under the same conditions. After 9 weeks we had the following results:
The black PVC bag produced 22g foliage and 4 flower racenes, while the Polypropylene Lichen Grow Bag produced 450g foliage and 16 flower racenes.
The black PVC bag produced 11g roots while the Polypropylene Lichen Grow Bag produced 405g roots.
With peppers we took leaf samples 1m from the bottom and the results is an indicator why we reaped 1.8 fruit per plant against each pepper per plant in the PVC bags.
Get in Touch
Dave: +27 82 551 1305
Accounts: +27 82 446 3301
Operations: +27 82 304 0338
Find an Atami retailer near you.
Postnet Suite 397, Private bag X15,
Somerset West 7129